Winter 2020 Competition – Update
Penrith Oztag’s Winter 2020 competition is scheduled to commence on the 5th, 6th and 7th May 2020. The decision to continue with the Winter 2020 competition has been made considering the directives from Australian Oztag and the Australian Government and is made based on information known as at 18th March 2020. Considering this delay and the uncertainty, following are the changes to Winter 2020 Registrations:
- Closing date for team registrations is now Saturday 4th Team registrations after this date are subject to whether we can accommodate teams in the competition or not.
- There will be no late fee if we accept late teams for Winter 2020.
- We will still be at the fields on Saturday 21st March from 10am-1pm accepting registrations. We ask that only 1 representative from a team attend to register the team. Players are encouraged to register online.
- The competition will commence on 5th, 6th and 7th May 2020 pending any further directives.
- Minimum payment for 8 players must be made by Saturday 4th April. Preference for positions will be given to teams that have met this requirement. If there are any hardships in this regard, please contact us to discuss.
- All players must still have their registration paid by the 1st competition game to be eligible to play, unless arrangements have been made with us.
- Timeslots for games will now be 7.00pm, 8.00pm and 9.00pm
- Game length will be 40 minutes (2×18 minutes), with a 4 minute break for half time. This leaves a 20 minute break between games for players to leave and players to arrive. This is about managing the number of people at the venue at any one time.
We have updated the registration kit
Registering Teams / Player Payments
Teams can be registered either:
- Through our online portal at https://sportfix.net/PenrithOztag.
- By emailing a copy of the registration form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Registration forms can be downloaded from penrithoztag.com.au or contact us and we can email you one.
Players can register into a team by:
- Going to the online portal at https://sportfix.net/PenrithOztag and entering an invitation code that their team organiser can provided them.
- Clicking on the link in the email they would have received if their team organiser invited them to join the team.
- Sending their details (name, address, dob, email address, mobile phone as a minimum) and the team they are joining to email@example.com.
Payments can be made either:
- Through the online portal when registering.
- Direct Deposit to the bank – BSB: 032278 Account: 501391 Name: Penrith Oztag. Please ensure you put your name and team name as reference. Please email a copy of transaction to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and team name if you cannot fit it in the field when depositing.
- Over the phone using a credit card – call 0421448158.
Cancellations/Postponement and Refunds
We understand that people are cautious about paying their registration during these uncertain times. We still though have to organise and prepare for the Winter competition on the basis that it is going ahead as scheduled (which it is at this stage). In this regard we make the following commitments:
- If the competition is cancelled due to directives from Australian Oztag or the Government:
- If before the season commences, we will offer full refunds of registration fees to all players. Please note that the refund excludes fee’s paid if registering/paying through our online portal (approx $4.60). We are unable to recover these fee’s in any scenario.
- If after the season commences, we will offer partial refunds of registration fees to all players. The amount will be proportional to the number of games completed AND taking int count any fixed costs that we have incurred and what can be recovered from other organisations. We will do this in a fair and transparent manner.
- If the competition is postponed due to directives from Australian Oztag or the Government:
- If before the season commences, we will offer either to hold registration fees until the competition commences OR offer full refunds of registration fees to all players (players/team choice). Please note that the refund excludes fee’s paid if registering/paying through our online portal (approx $4.60). We are unable to recover these fee’s in any scenario.
- If after the season commences, hold registration fees until the competition re-commences OR offer partial refunds of registration fees to all players (players/team choice). The amount will be proportional to the number of games completed AND taking int count any fixed costs that we have incurred and what can be recovered from other organisations. We will do this in a fair and transparent manner.
We will put in place additional measures during the Winter 2020 competition to support the directives from Australian Oztag and the Australian Government in relation to managing COVID-19. These include
- Changes to our sign-on process
- Using a fresh set of tags every game
- Amend pre and post-match protocols so players and officials do not touch each other, e.g. no shaking hands.
- Manage our competition structure and game timings to adhere to government directives.
- Requesting teams to limit the number of spectators that attend their games
- Increasing the time between games to allow players to leave as soon as their game is completed and for incoming players to turn up as late as possible. This will enable us to manage the number of people in attendance at the venue.
- Restricting the size of the competition to also manage the potential number of people attending the venue
Please refer to our COVID-19 Guidelines document found at https://penrithoztag.com.au for further details.